Before We Kiss Poem



Before we kiss
I am that poison
that will burn your tongue
but you’ll keep asking for more
because I am forbidden

I am the girl your mother
told you to stay away from
the girl that your friends
told you about, that changes men

I am all warnings and signs
but then you have always liked
danger & red stop signs, always liked
rules because you could break them

You always kept coming back
‘just one more night’
‘one more taste’
‘one more sigh’

and I told you, darling
you would fall for me
too hard that it will break your knees
you’ll never be able to stand to leave again

but you laughed it off and now
i see you going in circles, round & round
too confused with these connections that raise
affections and all these needs

and all of them for me
and you’re desperately trying, love
trying to love me
but me, i am unlovable

I was made, created
to turn beauty into ruins
love is not written in my destiny
in fact it is a curse that is tattooed on me

So now that i have told you
of the future that is to follow
let me ask this again
do you still want to kiss me?



Comments