Love In My Dreams The Poem


Love In My Dreams The Poem

Sadness spreads her wings
Across the night skies
Because you have gone
And sleep is the only cure,

For only in dreams now
Will you hold me tightly
And be the remedy 
For my broken heart,

So I pray the Lord 
For your soul to keep
And I pray for sleep
To take me to you quickly,

I hope to find your eyes
Entwined in mine
So I take a deep breath 
And imagine your smell,

(is it sweet and sweat all mingled?)
And the flavor of your skin
(Can you taste mine too?)
You must be with me now,


I can just hear you breathing
Feel your hands upon me
And memories I’ve never had
Overwhelming me in tears,

Cause you’re kissing away my fears
Anxiety melting from me
And surrendered to you
In the warmth of my dreams

Please don’t ever let me wake...!!!

Comments