Idealized Love Nobody Swings You Up Off Your Feet



Nobody swings you up off your feet
or carries you tongue tied 
and kisses you blue
or wakes up at five and holds back a kiss
so that they can cook breakfast
before you awake
and nobody brushes your hair from your eyes
and tells you your beautiful
when you are tired
nobody loves you, never at first
idealized love is always a lie
but if you look at me
and wonder if i’d laugh
at the joke you are saving to tell me tonight
and if you hold back questions
because you are scared
that i might see you’re turning 
things around in your head
and if you looked away
when i took off my shorts
and fixed my bikini
so it wouldn’t fall off
then i love you already
and i hope that you know
that i want you to swing me up off my feet
and carry me tongue tied 
and kiss me all blue
and wake up at five and hold back a kiss
so that you can cook breakfast
before I awake
and that you brush my hair away from my eyes
and tell me i’m beautiful
when I am tired
and even if nobody loves you, never at first

Idealizing love- i don’t care if it hurts...!!!  


Comments